Personal Reflection Guide
Find a place of solitude for a few minutes, put away the phone, turn off the TV, as much as possible, minimize your distractions.It is a mind-blowing reality that the God of the universe wants to meet with us, he loves to be with us. How did the message this week challenge you? What are you currently doing in your life that is contrary to what God desires for you and from you? Habits are things that we do over and over again that either benefit us or destroy us. Habits are the little choices we make each and every day as we live our lives. Because of this, we have the power to change bad habits and create new ones. Often we don’t make new habits because we do not truly believe they will benefit us. Do you believe reading God’s word will make a difference in your life? Do you believe that something written so long ago will be relevant to you today? God’s word has power - power to heal, transform, and to change hearts. It is life-giving food for the heart and soul. Are you up for the challenge to commit to reading the Bible 5 days a week following along with our reading on the app? Put God’s word to the test, see if your life isn’t altered in the best way after committing to reading it daily. We have an enemy, our adversary the devil, he will attempt to get you off track on your reading journey because he knows that Bible reading is so essential to real change. If you have a few days where you miss, just start back at it as soon as you realize you’ve drifted, just don’t give up. Commit to adopting this new habit, and expect that God will meet you as you pursue him.
- When was the last time you were well and truly lost? What was it like and what helped you out of your predicament?
- Read Genesis 12:1-3 which one of God’s promises to Abram would you most like to be a part of your life and why?
- Read Psalm 119:105. In what specific ways has the Bible been a lamp to guide you or a light to lead you and how might those moments have looked different without it?
- Read Exodus 18:20. What commands of God are easy for you to follow and which ones tend to be more difficult for you?
- Read Psalm 1:2. How often do you find yourself engaging the Bible in a meaningful way and is that the right amount for you to be healthy?
- Are you planning on accepting the “60 days to a better me challenge” and in what ways do you think your life would be different as a result of reading your Bible 5 times a week?