Personal Reflection Guide
Take a few minutes to slow down, setting aside the events of the day. As you do, invite God into this time, asking him to help you be real with yourself, him and others. Are there any areas of your life where you feel defeated? Bring this before God, asking him to reveal where he is at work in that place. It’s ok to ask him to grow your faith that he is indeed working, even when it may be difficult to see. Next, ask God to reveal any other areas in your life where he is working but where you may be unaware. Write these down in the space below, thanking God for being at work, and asking him for eyes to see, in increasing measure, those places where he is faithfully at work in your life. End the time with a prayer of surrender, perhaps confessing any false expectations you’ve placed on God. Thank him for your time together, sharing with the group what the experience was like, if you feel comfortable.
- PERSONAL REFLECTION: Begin group time engaging with the Personal Reflection Guide. As you explore your own journey with God’s love for you, journal any reflections in the space below, sharing with the group what God brought up, if you feel comfortable.
- REAL WITH SELF: Share about a time when you expected God to work in a certain way and he did something else. Perhaps it was a time when you did something small but it had a significant impact on others? Maybe it was a time where God brought good out of a bad situation? What did you learn from this situation?
- REAL WITH GOD: Read Genesis 28:16. Where might you be unaware of God's presence and work? How can you be more aware of what God is doing?
- REAL WITH GOD: What would it look like to fully trust God, even in the areas of your life where clarity is lacking?
- REAL WITH OTHERS: What expected outcomes do you need to release? Where have you attached your identity, worth or value to an expectation instead of to Jesus?
- TAKE ACTION: What would it look like to embrace “mustard seed living”? How could that affect your prayer life, spiritual life, relationships, etc? What steps can you take this week to be more intentional about the little things?