A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons. He was sitting there fully clothed and perfectly sane, and they were all afraid… As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, “No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been.” So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to proclaim the great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed at what he told them. MARK 5:15, 18-20 NLT
You have a story to tell
Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies. PSALM 107:2 NLT
And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die. REVELATION 12:11 NLT
KEEP putting sin to death
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith… HEBREWS 12:1-2 NLT
Be led by the Spirit
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. ROMANS 8:14 NLT
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! PSALM 143:10 ESV
- The Reformer: Micah 6:8
- The Helper: 1 John 4:19
- The Achiever: Philippians 2:3
- The Individualist: Psalm 139:14
- The Observer: Romans 12:2
- The Loyalist: 2 Timothy 1:7
- The Enthusiast: Nehemiah 8:10
- The Challenger: 1 Timothy 6:12
- The Peacemaker: Psalm 23:2
Baptism is God’s picture of the Christian life
Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. COLOSSIANS 3:1-3 NLT
Then Peter declared, “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days. ACTS 10:47-48 ESV
Personal Reflection Guide
Check out the home tab for this week's Personal Reflection Guide. Ready to make the move? Visit sandalschurch.com/baptism for more information!
- When you hear the word “Christian” what are the first words or images that pop into your mind?
- Read Colossians 3:1-3. When you think back to your life before Jesus, what are some of the things that died from your old life and what “Jesus things” grew back in their place?
- Read Psalm 107:2. When was the last time you shared the story of how Jesus changed your life with someone and what happened to you or them as a result?
- Read Hebrews 12:1-2. What are some of the sins that seem to consistently trip you up as you try to follow Jesus and what can you do to eliminate them?
- What are some of the practical things you do that help you run this life (especially spiritually) with endurance?
- Read Psalm 143:10. In what specific ways do you see, or have you seen, God’s Holy Spirit guide or direct your life?